Top Five Marketing Ideas for a New Business
Starting a business is not easy it takes a lot of hard work, dedication and determination. However there is nothing more pleasurable and confidence building than having your own business. Starting it from scratch, putting in the hard work and seeing it grow. Lots of people will claim having a successful business is down to luck, the old theory of ‘being in the right place at the right time’. Yes, I do understand luck does play a part in being successful but even with the best product in the world you have to know how to sell and market it correctly. Marketing your business correctly is one of the most vital things you should do as a new business and is worth the investment of money and time.
When starting a business it is important that you create an identity for yourself. Obviously the type of branding depends on the type of business that you have. Choosing the right name and slogan is very important; don’t choose anything too over the top stick to a suitable name for your market place. Look at your competitors and rate them on their strength and weaknesses of their branding. By doing this you’re instantly coming up with ideas and things that you want to stay clear of.
Having a launch or an open day is a fantastic idea and will instantly get people talking about your business. Target your local area or your key clientele and invite them to come and meet you in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Instantly your getting your name out there even to the people that don’t attend they will be aware of you because you have invited them. Getting the local press involved in a great way to drum up new business also, you will be surprised how much interest you will have. In this current economical climate the public are more interested in new businesses and especially local businesses and view it as something of an encouraging sign and will want to help support you.
Marketing online for any business, however big or small, new or old it is vital. Staring with a simple Facebook page and twitter is good; the old fashioned word of mouth marketing is the basis of a lot of online media marketing. I would recommend to research into creating a website for your business. There are lots of companies that will manage your online marketing and will create a website for you. Think about how you research things? We always look at the website. Having a professional easy to use website is really important as you don’t want to loose customers purely on the weakness of your online presence.
Special Offers / Return Customers
Your clients are your business and without them your business will not work. Value your clients and reward their custom from day one. Special offers are a fantastic way of doing this, people love to feel that they are getting a better deal than everyone else and you will be surprised how much custom you will get with this. Always treat your return customers like royalty, people love to feel not only like their getting a better deal than every one else but also that they are more important. Remember clients will be loyal to you if you treat them well.
Merchandise for your business can benefit you in many ways. When starting out it will give you an air of professionalism and quality, people are drawn to this. Use your merchandise to support and enhance your brand. Think about giving personalised merchandise to potential clients or returning clients. People love to feel they are getting something free and this is a great way to get your business out there and also to secure clients.
Guest Post by Daisy Burgess – Professional blogger offering advice on the advantages of products such as promotional mugs
- OTHER FEATURED ITEMS -
- Creating Ads That WorkBy Allison: Marketing Coach Blog
Advertising is typically the last strategy I recommend to companies.
Because often, it doesn't work at all. There are simply too many intangible factors that can go awry.
Here's just one example of an ad you probably don't remember:
To work perfectly, advertising must hit the marketing messages dead-on. Businesses usually need a lot of help in […]
- The Many Faces Of Link BuildingWhen you think about link building, chances are that you’re picturing a blog or forum that will link back to another website; generally one that you’re making reference to. Truth be told, link building isn’t just about your website or your blog either. Link building involves many different aspects, and it is using those together that truly create a great digital marketing […]
- What's Your Brand: Market Your Way into a New CareerBusiness today is getting more and more competitive each year and in order to gain real money entrepreneurs need to begin leveraging special skills, experiences and talents.
Many entrepreneurs can take advantage of the new opportunities that technology has opened up in the recent years by honing their skills. One of the main areas in which Entrepreneurs can find a lot of great […]
- Tips For Selling on FacebookThese days, having a brick and mortar store is not always enough. People need a way to find out about your store and the products that you sell. They need to want to buy the product at your store, and not someone else's. Social media is the most effective way to promote your store or service. Facebook is a large social media site that would benefit your store and help you to create […]
- Top 10 Website Copywriting SecretsTop 10 Website Copywriting Secrets
Successful website copywriting is very different than traditional copywriting.
Based on what actually works best --and does not work-- from writing dozens of websites for our clients, here are our Top 10 website copywriting secrets. If you apply them, your website will be a major marketing success for your business and its bottom line.
1 What’s in […]
- Book Publishing From A Book Publisher's Point Of ViewBook Publishing From A Book Publisher's Point Of View
Many writers aspire to write books. Writing a book is a long, involved, difficult process. Book publishing is harder. A writer may submit his book repeatedly only to be turned down. The writer may eventually succeed. Wouldn't it have been easier to get published the first time? Is that possible?
You can improve your chances of a […]
- How Copywriting Services Can Help Put Your Business on the MapThe cost of paying for prime advertising space could be astronomical and many smaller businesses simply can not afford the very high costs.
- How A Publisher Will Turn A Manuscript Into A Book} How A Publisher Will Turn A Manuscript Into A Book} - If youve tried to get your written manuscript published before, youll know how hard it is to get things done in the publishing world. There are many possible pitfalls that include copywrite problems, editing and even marketing your book correctly. Simply writing a book is not enough, regardless of how good it may be. With the […]
- 5 Tips for Smarter Google AdWords Keyword ResearchGoogle AdWords campaigns can be an amazing source of traffic for your website, but without diligent keyword research, cost-per-click expenditures can quickly add up, and low quality keyword bids can tank the return on investment that your campaign achieves. Below are 5 tips to maximize your Google AdWords keyword research.
1. Mine Your Google Analytics Data
If you've got a website that […]
- Profit From WritingProfit From Writing
If you’re passionate about writing and want to make it your career, you need to be resourceful, professional, determined and self-motivated to succeed. Writing for a living isn’t easy and unless you’ve already landed a five figure book deal for your latest novel, you need to be as creative in generating income as you are with your words.
To help you profit from […]